Trevor Moore once sang about when it’s too late to buy alcohol he posed the question…
What about mouthwash?
well let’s look at the fact like could mouthwash even get you drunk?
A person can get drunk from mouthwash. One of the most commonly abused brands of mouthwash is Listerine. Listerine is 26.9 percent alcohol (54-proof), which is a higher alcohol content than found in most beer, wine, and even some liquors.
but what about the side effects?
Mouthwash is designed to spit out rather than swallowed, and ingesting even a small amount can be seriously dangerous. Alcohol (ethanol) isn’t the only potentially dangerous ingredient in mouthwash.
The chemicals in mouthwash may include chlorhexidine gluconate, hydrogen peroxide, or methyl salicylate, which are all toxic to ingest. Ingesting these ingredients by drinking mouthwash can cause mouthwash overdose, liver failure, and gastrointestinal damage. Drinking methyl alcohol can cause blindness, organ failure, or death.
So while it may get the job done it may be harmful to your health but I guess so is drinking actual alcoholic beverages.
So drink responsibly and uh… Cheers?
blog by Julez for Styles Rebel Radio